. Regurgitated Alpha Bits: Boy Meets Girl

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Boy Meets Girl

One of the kids' favorite topics in science is magnetic forces.

I integrate Language Arts standards into my Science instruction, so we read a little story about a lonely magnet who can't ever get near his friends. They are alike and keep repelling away from each other, as magnets do when like poles face each other.  Then one day, he meets a girl magnet who is the opposite of him, and he has an instant "attraction" to her.

Then we had to talk about the multiple meanings for the word "attraction" since many of my kids are second language learners.

And one kids says, "I get it. Attraction is what my mom feels when she sees a guy with a nice butt!"

Yes. Yes, that's it exactly. Be sure to tell your mom you shared that in class.
She'll be so proud of you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my! Thank you for the laugh today!

Alivia
The Cheerful Chalkboard