. Regurgitated Alpha Bits: Don't Be Alarmed

Friday, June 19, 2015

Don't Be Alarmed

As I've said before, one of my favorite parts of my job is downtime when I can just chat with the kids. Their true little personalities come out then. 


I did that today as they waited in line for ice cream sundaes after our 4th grade field day. 

So, we're in a park and a car alarm nearby starts beeping. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Me: Wow. That's the worst song I've ever heard. (Wink wink)

Abby: Yeh, it sounds like a broken record. 

Me: I'm amazed you know what a broken record is, let alone what it sounds like!

Abby: Mrs. Lee, I know a LOTTA things about a LOTTA things. (Insert sassy head snap)

Me: Noted

2 comments:

zlcohen said...

Hi I am a pre service education major at Illinois and was wondering if you think that interaction with students outside of teaching changes the classroom dynamic and teacher-student relationship.

Edna Lee said...

Not only does it change your classroom dynamic, if you always keep it positive, it's the magic key that unlocks everything. No lunch spent chatting with a kids is a wasted lunch. It's money in the bank.