. Regurgitated Alpha Bits: AC/DSee I Know a Song

Monday, July 11, 2016

AC/DSee I Know a Song

Did I ever tell you about the time I was asked to record a kindergartener singing his favorite song?
(Probably...)

I was student teaching, and his name was James.

My master teacher was awesome. She had so many songs for her class. The Good Morning Song, The Postman Song, The Clean Up Song, The Snack Song.

So James, a tape recorder and I headed into the workroom to record him singing his favorite song in his best five-year-old-boy voice.

Me: Alrighty, go ahead and sing!

James: She was a fast machine
            She kept her motor clean
            She was the best damn woman
            I had
            ever seen...

I let him sing the whole song in his best five-year-old-boy voice.

And I think of him every time I hear it.

No comments: