. Regurgitated Alpha Bits: The State of Our Testing is Snotty

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The State of Our Testing is Snotty

This year, very few exciting things happened during state testing.

Here were some of the highlights from Day One:

I watched a kid take his headphones off and use the foam parts to wipe his nose. That made me think, after dry-heaving over my desk drawer, maybe I should walk around and offer some tissues. One of my sneeziest, drippiest kids said "no thanks" to the tissues and then immediately wiped a big, wet line of snot onto his arm. The skin of his arm, not his sleeve. I turned away from him to throw up in my mouth when I spotted another kid rolling boogers into dirty little balls in his palm and shoving them between the keys of his chrome book.

Day Two didn't go much differently.

In fact, this is kind of every day in teaching.

No comments: