. Regurgitated Alpha Bits: 169th Carnival of Education

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

169th Carnival of Education

It's back! The 169th Carnival of Education is underway. The Science Goddess has the road trip on the big yellow bus under control over on What It's Like On the Inside. Maybe I'm just emotional this week, but I was so moved by Mamacita's story on Scheiss Weekly about her encounter with a former student and his memories of her class. Let's just say, it wasn't the test prep he remembered, and ain't that the way is should be! With all the required test prep we do, I wonder if my students will have any fond memories of my class once they've grown up...

Oh, and I am on the road trip too! The story about my run-in with a flying hot dog (and, for the record, it was NOT "just a grasshopper") at an assembly is being shared at the back of the bus.

Check out the Carnival and read some great blogs!

1 comment:

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Thank you so very much for those kind words! I loved my middle school students, and I loved my classroom, and I hated to walk out on them. If I had stayed, though, I would be in the Nervous Hospital now, and looking back only in anger.

I love your blog, by the way. And you're right; they used to be the same thing.